Below are the terms and conditions between our company and you as a customer
CLEANING SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (GENERAL)
1.1 Pricing, Parking and Congestion Charging
- 1.1.1 Prices quoted by the Company are based on average completion times.
- 1.1.2 We reserve the right to amend the initial quotation if upon inspection of the property or during the cleaning the supervisor assesses that the job is going to take more time to complete, or should the Customer’s original requirements change. Any revised price will have to be accepted by the Customer before the additional cleaning time is carried out.
- 1.1.3 We require a parking space or valid permit for one vehicle, or metered parking is to be paid by the Customer in order for us to carry out any cleaning services.
- 1.1.4 The Customer is fully liable for paying any parking penalties incurred from any mistake or misinformation on their part.
- 1.1.5 If the property being cleaned is in the congestion charging zone the congestion charge will need to be paid for by the Customer
- 1.1.6 At the time of booking please notify us of any expensive items, including furniture, which may require specialist treatment or chemicals. This includes parquet and oak flooring, wooden work
surfaces and any other custom made items.
1.2 Insurance and Liability
- 1.2.1 The Company holds public liability insurance to the value of £1,000,000.
- 1.2.2 Any claim for damage must be reported to the Company within 48 hours of the cleaning service visit.
- 1.2.3 We reserve any right to refuse disclosure of confidential company documents.
- 1.2.4 We shall not be liable for any third parties or their actions who enter or are present at the Customer’s premises during the cleaning visit nor any costs incurred of said 3rd parties not being
- granted access. The cleaners cannot be relied on to grant access to the property to any third parties.
- 1.2.5 Items excluded from the cleaning company’s liability include: cash, jewellery, art, antiques and items of sentimental value. Refund for for items of sentimental/personal value will be made only at its current cash value.
- 1.2.6 We request all irreplaceable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and/or not cleaned by the cleaning operatives.
- 1.2.7 We are not responsible for any existing damage to Customer’s property in the form of old stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the cleaning operative
- using the industry standard cleaning methods.
- 1.2.8 We are not liable for any damages caused by faulty products/equipment provided by the Customer.
- 1.2.9 We are not liable for any damages caused by faulty or broken items which lead to other damages.
- 1.2.10 Arrival times and cleaning times are an estimate. The company will not be liable, under any circumstances, for missed/cancelled appointment costs or any other costs owing to delayed arrival or completion times.
1.3 Contracted cleaners and sub-contractors
- The Company reserves the right to use contracted cleaners and/or sub-contractors for any of its cleaning services and without providing any prior notification. Our standard cleaning guarantee will apply.
1.4 Claims for damages
- 1.4.1 While our operatives make every effort not to break items, accidents do happen. Identical replacement is always attempted but not guaranteed.
- 1.4.2 In case of damage, proven to be caused by the Company or one of its sub-contractors, the Company must be given first opportunity to make good the damage using their approved maintenance contractor. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any damage where this is not permitted by the Customer, landlord, or managing agent.
- 1.4.3 In case of damage, proven to be caused by us, The Company will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired the Company will rectify the problem by crediting the Customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement. This liability applies only once the payment for the service has been received in full.
- 1.4.4 Where the damage results in the Company needing to make an insurance claim, the age of the broken or damaged item(s) will be taken into consideration when calculating its replacement value.
The Customer will be put back into the position they were in before the loss occurred.
2. END OF TENANCY CLEANING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 2.1.1 For bedrooms bigger than 20 square meters and living rooms bigger than 40 square meters the price will increase.
- 2.1.2 The Customer must ensure that all personal belongings are completely moved out otherwise an additional £50 may be charged. Where belongings are present our cleaning guarantee will not apply to that area.
- 2.1.3 Rubbish or waste removal is not part of our end of tenancy cleaning service and will incur an additional charge.
- 2.1.4 If the Customer is more than 30 minutes late a late fee may apply
- 2.1.5 The Customer is to ensure that hot running water and electricity is provided and that there are no blocked drains. An additional charge of £50 will be applied if we have to unblock drains. Should no electricity or running water be provided we are permitted to leave the property and will not be liable, under any circumstances, for any costs associated with the cleaning not being carried out.
- 2.1.6 Price quoted is based on one single fridge freezer and one single oven. Larger appliances will incur a further cost to clean.
- 2.1.7 If ladders are required to reach high areas then this must be stated at booking.
- 2.1.8 Cleaning of walls, mold on walls and ceilings, the inside of toasters, kettles and other electrical appliances is not part of our end of tenancy cleaning checklist. Wall washing needs to be added at the time of making a booking.
- 2.1.9 Cleaning of vacuum cleaners, ironing boards, curtains and other items left in storage cupboards is not part of our end of tenancy cleaning checklist.
- 2.2.1 If you cancel your cleaning appointment less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time. If you cancel or reschedule the job within 24 hours of the starting of the job then you will be charged 25% of the total value of the job.
- We require 24-hour notice to reschedule a booking.
- For amendments/ cancellations in less than 24 hours there is 25% fee payable
- Parking, ULEZ , Congestion are not include in the quote.
- 2.2.2 If you reschedule your cleaning appointment less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time, we will charge you a £25 cancellation fee. Rescheduling your service at least 2 days in advance of the appointment, will incur no charges.
- 2..2.3 We reserve the right to refuse any cleaning job if the condition of the property is hazardous to the health and well being of our operatives. If we are not made aware of this before arrival and we are unable to carry out the work as a result, the Customer will be charged a 100 GBP non-refundable fee.
- 2.2.4 The cleaning company has the right to cancel or reschedule a service in cases where an accident or any unexpected circumstances have befallen the assigned cleaning team.
- 2.2.5 The Customer is liable for any mistakes they make regarding incorrect bookings. If a booking dates is incorrect, and the cleaners are turned away a £65 fee will be paid by the Customer.
- 2.2.6 The Customer can reschedule or cancel the appointment over the phone, using the online booking portal if the booking has been made online, on our live chat by speaking to one of our customer services or by emailing us.
2.3 Complaints and Cleaning Guarantee
- 2.3.1 No refund claims will be considered once the cleaning service has been carried out.
- 2.3.1A We will not guarantee a re-clean if the property has been accessed by anyone after the clean except the landlord and inventory clerk.
- 2.3.2 All services shall be deemed to have been carried out to the Customer’s satisfaction unless written notice is received by the Company with details of the complaint within 5 days of the work been completed. We will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it in a professional and timely manner.
- 2.3.4 The Customer agrees to allow the Company back to re-clean and inspect any disputed areas/items before arranging a third party to carry out services or refusing to pay for the service.
- 2.3.5 The Company reserves the right to only offer one recovery clean per service.
- 2.3.6 Where access is denied for a re clean, we are not liable for any costs associated with not being granted permission to re-enter the property and carry out the re clean.
- 2.3.7 Our cleaning guarantee applies for one week from when the cleaning was completed. Any complaints after this time may not be considered.
- 2.3.8 We cannot guarantee our End of Tenancy Cleaning service when people or personal possessions are still present in the property during or after the time of the cleaning.
- 2.3.9 Fridges and Freezers should be emptied and defrosted prior to our arrival and turned off so we can clean them. We will not be liable for cleaning freezers which have not been defrosted and reserve the right to return to re clean the property for this reason alone.
- 2.3.10 We will do our best to make sure your appliances are cleaned to a high standard. However, if they have not been cleaned since they were purchased regrettably, we will not be liable for ingrained dirt that cannot be removed using chemicals.
- 2.3.11 We cannot guarantee the removal of pet odors or cigarette smoke during the cleaning and will not be liable for any deductions for this
3. CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY CLEANING
- 3.1 The Company shall not be liable for the shrinkage of carpets as a result of poor fitting.
- 3.2 The Company is not liable for any wear or discoloration of fabric that becomes more notable once dirt is removed.
- 3.3 Carpet Cleaning booked along with End of Tenancy Cleaning is not part of the 1-week hours guarantee that applies for End of Tenancy Cleaning.
- 3.4 We shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of the Customer placing furniture on a carpet which has not completely dried.
- 3.5 The Company cannot guarantee the removal of pre-existing stains and/or any discoloration of the carpet
- 3.6 Please notify us at the time of booking if your carpet is a natural pile e.g wool or hessian
- 3.7 The Customer shall be responsible for the removal of all furniture, goods and breakables for the purpose of cleaning. The Company will not accept responsibility for any damage caused to furniture, goods or chattels not removed by the Customer unless damage has occurred as a direct result of negligence or lack of care on the part of the Company or its servants.
- 3.8 Unless otherwise agreed prior to work commencing, it is accepted that stationary items such as televisions, side cabinets, bookcases, wall units, filing cabinets etc will remain in place and no cleaning will be carried out beneath these units, the same will apply into closets and cupboards.
- 3.9 We will endeavour to note, identify and remove all spots and stains requiring treatment, however the entire removal of some spots and stains are not guaranteed due to the staining properties of the products i.e. tannin, rust ,DIY spotting agents etc.
- 3.10 Liability cannot be accepted for colour run or migration due to manufacturers using non-colorcast dyes or markers in frames, trimmings, padding, stuffing, piping sewing threads, linings and valances.
4: Parking space and parking fee
Parking space for the vehicle used by the cleaners must be arranged by the customer, parking fee is also to be covered by the customer.
5: Congestion charge:
If the property is within the congestion charge zone, £11.5 will be added to the total amount.
5: Short notice online booking:
We do require 24 hours notice when booking is made online, we can not guarantee the availability of a slot if 24 hours notice is not allowed by the customer.
Customers Use of Hellovans.com. hellomovers.co.uk and this website helloservices.co.uk Websites
By using any of the websites above you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- 1.1. HelloVans.com provides a platform that offers its customers the customers a free quotation for a man and van/removal service providers all over the United Kingdom.
- 1.2. Customers accessing this site must be of adult age (18 years and above).
- 1.3. As a customer upon booking our services you agree to the terms and conditions below
- 1.4. if you decide to book make booking through our website, you are required to comply with safety features.
- 1.5. Although the website is made accessible for the purpose therefore structured, we are not liable to give notice or reason of closure or suspension.
- 1.6. The terms and conditions are bound to change or amend without notice.
- 1.7. This website is for use of only stated services. Any illegal dealings, abuse or fraudulence will be dealt with legally.
- 1.8. This website and its contents are copyright property of www.hellovans.com and are not to be duplicated.
- 1.9. Hellovans.com contains links to other websites to third parties provided for reference purposes. By using third party website services is outside our jurisdictions hence we are not liable to any misappropriations that may occur from their use.
- 1.10. Our terms and conditions are legally binding hence we will not hesitate to take legal action if the terms are breached.
- 1.11. Hello vans will not be liable for any personal injury or in extreme cases death occurred during or after the process of using the service caused by negligence or accident.
- 1.12. We will not be responsible for Misrepresentation and fraud experienced during the use of this site.
- Moving day
- 2.1. Customer is responsible for choosing suitable van for their moving needs. Hello vans can also help determine the right van upon request and in reference to your stated content quantity and content type.
- 2.2. Packing of items is the customers responsibility otherwise the customer can request booking service on the website
- 2.3. Customer is required to make parking arrangements to facilitate convenient loading and offloading of goods. Customer is therefore responsible for any parking fees and fines incurred during the service provision
- 2.4. Home appliances e.g. Washing machines, dishwashers, fridge-freezer and cooker are customers responsibility to sort out Plumbing and installation.
- 2.5. Furniture dismantling and assembly is customers responsibility. If you require extra service in that regard, please visit our site.
- 2.6. Hello Vans operate on zero tolerance policy of abuse towards our drivers. If this is experienced the driver holds every right to terminate the job with immediate effect.
- 2.7. Ferry costs are not included in the quote hence the customer is responsible for ferry booking and cost.
- 2.8. Carrying goods up the stairs are subject to extra cost. Please refer to our website. Stir charges do not apply if there is a lift.
- 2.9. Travelling in the van: This is not allowed but in some circumstances the customer can request the driver. This however does not warrant the customer to alter abuses on drivers driving skills or comfortability of the passenger seats in the van. This service is not charged but as a form of courtesy. The driver is not required to provide a child sit so for instance of child seat requirements customers provide their own child car seat.
- 2.10. Loading goods in the van: if the customer decides to load the goods in the van, Hello vans is not responsible for any damage, loss or breakage during load, offloading or transit.
- 2.11. Access to new property: Accessing the new property is the customer’s responsibility we are not committed to create new access i.e. by breaking window or door this is the customers responsibility customer is supposed to view Accessibility in adverse before they move in dates and make necessary arrangements for Accessibility.
- 2.12. Recycling centre: It is not the responsibility of our drivers to dispose of your unwanted items or garden waste to the recycling centre. If you wish for our driver to carry out this service, please make necessary arrangements in advance i.e. by checking out the fees in card by Vance and in the case of garden waste make sure it’s properly packaged you also need to make sure that day recycling centre is open for the vans Accessibility on the intended day. This service this service is only available upon request upon request and at an extra cost.
- 2.13. Change of booking time: We do not guarantee flexibility with change of booking time. If you need to change a booking time, please contact the driver directly. The driver’s details or contact details are to be found on the driver’s profile.
- 2.14. Service completion: It is advisable for both the customer and the driver to inspect the van after completion of moving to make sure that this nothing left no customers item is left in the one before they driver leaves the destination. This this will prevent any loss of customers item or false claim from the customer in an unfortunate circumstance.
- 2.15. Delays: If delays are caused by the customer e.g. due to lack of keys to the new property or unfinished parking etc. the customer will incur extra charges as part the driver’s assessment.
- Copyright (content)
- 3.1. Hello Vans has exclusive copyright of each content in the website except the third-party links. Our website contents are therefore not to be used for any commercial purposes. Copyright laws are applicable such rights are reserved
- 3.2. Hello Vans is licenced as our trademark hence you shall not acquire or use it.
- Service fees
- 4.1. Payment is subject to completion of the service. This is applicable if the customer is paying cash on the day otherwise if the customer opts to pay by card or through bank transfer you are required to make payment in full before the service is provided.
- 4.2. extra fees are charged for every extra 30min from the original quoted.
- 4.3. Cash payments must be paid in full to the driver upon completion of the service
- 4.4. VAT is not applicable at this moment.
- 5.1. Please refer to our cancellation policy in our website by clicking here
- 5.2. For Complaints procedure Please refer to our website for complaints procedure by contacting our office.
- 6.1. Customers are advised to raise dispute in form of writing. This is to be done directly to Hello Vans. Customers should note that our model of business structure does not warrant any claims of any nature known or unknown. We are a platform connecting you the customer to a potential moving driver.
- 7.1. in the instance of Promotion or discounted price, the demand is likely to increase hence the search facility could get backlogged. In such instances if the customer confirms moving time as flexible then they will be assigned to a different driver with the same price to avoid booking cancellation or pending.
- 7.2. if at all Hello Vans cannot recover your booking or transfer the booking, Hello Vans will fully refund any monies paid without delay.
- 7.3. If the driver is delayed to the collection address, Standard policy on delay will not apply as this does not apply on discounted quotation.
- 8.1. Hello Vans, is not a free service. If the customer refuses to pay the driver, legal action will be taken, and the customer will be barred from use of our website indefinitely.
- 8.2. Failure to make payment will want Hello Vans to register your details with blacklist credit agencies. This will in turn have a negative effect to your credit rating.
- 8.3. The driver has the right to hold your goods for unpaid service. This will incur interest, storage cost and legal cost on top of the monies owed
- 8.4. We reserve the right to disclose any information to law enforcement authorities as we deem appropriate.
- 8.5. We do not store credit/debit card details as standard; however, we reserve the right to recharge a debit/credit card in the event of non-payment.
- 9.1. We highly recommend you leave a feedback for each service completed. you also have an option to rate the service provider. Reviews are limited to one review per service completed
- 9.2. Feedbacks are meant to act as review to their service provider. Threatening the service provider that you will give a negative feedback is against our terms and will be dealt with accordingly.
- 9.3. All feedbacks are welcome positive and negative but in instances where the negative feedbacks are suspected to be form of malice who was the service provider, or the company investigation will be conducted, and action will be taken accordingly.
If the customer is not satisfied with the service provided kindly follow our conflict resolution procedure before leaving a negative feedback this allows mutual understanding and correcting the wrongdoing.
www.hellovans.com is a site operated and owned by Hello Services Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number. 12004893. The Terms and conditions of this site are legally binding to the Customers using this website www.hellovans.com.
- 10.1. Hellovans.com is not responsible for any claim made against the service provider and claims should be dealt between the two parties, the customer and the service provider. We will do our best to and coordinate between the two parties if such unlikely incident happens. We are a comparison website and we do not operate the moving or provide the man with a van service so we suggest all customers do check the insurance with the service provider is needed.
Who we are
Suggested text: Our website address is: https://www.hellohandy.co.uk.
If a Client judges work to have been carried out poorly or that the job as booked was left incomplete, they should contact the Company as soon as possible, and in any case within 12 months of the work, to register their dissatisfaction.
The Company will require evidence of any alleged shortcomings. If genuine, these shortcomings will be rectified by the Company free of charge.
If the Client chooses instead to rectify any issues through a third party regardless of whether they first notify the Company, the Company takes no responsibility either for the workmanship or the costs of the third party.
In the event of above the bill for the Company’s work remains payable in full on the basis that the Company’s offer to rectify any genuine shortcomings for free still stands.
The Customer accepts that if he/she fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
Any cancellation of work less than 48 hours in advance (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays) will be subject to a cancellation charge of 25% of the total value of the job.
Cancellation on the day the work is scheduled to be carried out is subject to the minimum charge for the service booked (first 30 minutes for Handyman and first hour for specialist services) at the Company’s discretion.
Cancellation of work once the tradesman has arrived on site, assuming all reasonable efforts have not been made to alert the Company in advance, or if the tradesperson is unable, through no fault of their own, to gain access to the Customer’s premises to carry out the Works, will incur the full cost of the booked appointment, at the discretion of the Company.
All cancellation penalties will also include the cost of any materials purchased for the purpose of the proposed work if that work is not subsequently rescheduled and the materials used therein.
These cancellation conditions shall apply irrespective of the Works having been booked by the Customer or by someone acting on the Customers behalf e.g. tenant.
DIAGNOSTIC / FAULT-FINDING WORK
By definition, it is impossible to predict correctly how long it will take to find and solve an unknown problem. The Company will advise an initial visit to start investigating the problem. If the problem is not found in this initial visit, the tradesman will outline what investigation has taken place and what the next steps will be. This initial visit is fully chargeable on the basis that work and expertise have been brought to bear on the issue and that progress has been made towards the solution through the ruling out of certain possibilities. The Company may then advise a further booking to continue the investigation.
The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
If any provision set out in these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provisions held invalid shall not be affected.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Payment is due at the end of the visit or as soon as practicably possible thereafter. Payment must be made by card or BACS –
For account/invoice/credit customers, the Invoice is due for payment within 30 days of the Company’s issue of the invoice.
Persistent failure to settle an account may result in legal proceedings to recover the monies due to the Company.
The Company shall not be required to issue or deliver any certificates, guarantees, or other similar documents regarding the Works until payment has been made in full.
Where the Customer is represented by a third party (such as a managing agent, contractor, or another representative), in the event of non-payment by the Customer, the third party will be responsible for payment unless The Company has agreed otherwise in writing.